DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: 12 MAY 2021
Organizer: InMind Support
Professor Wojciech Owczarski – University of Gdańsk, Poland
Professor Polina Golovátina-Mora - Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana (Colombia)
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Our world becomes more and more dangerous. Populists come to power, people all around the globe support xenophobic dictators, and the future of humankind goes in an unpredictable direction. Therefore, during our interdisciplinary conference we would like to discuss some crucial questions: What is the source of intolerance and discrimination in the contemporary world? Is violence a “natural” consequence of intolerance? How should we react to acts of intolerance, discrimination and terrorism?
We will describe the phenomena of intolerance, discrimination and violence in political, social, psychological, cultural and many other terms. We also want to devote considerable attention to how these phenomena are represented in artistic practices: in literature, film, theatre or visual arts.
We invite researchers representing various academic disciplines: history, politics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, economics, law, literary studies, theatre studies, film studies, fine arts, memory studies, migration studies, consciousness studies, dream studies, gender studies, postcolonial studies, medical sciences, psychiatry, psychoanalysis, cognitive sciences etc.
Different forms of presentations are encouraged, including case studies, theoretical investigations, problem-oriented arguments, and comparative analyses.
We will be happy to hear from both experienced scholars and young academics at the start of their careers, as well as doctoral and graduate students. We also invite all persons interested in participating in the conference as listeners, without giving a presentation.
We hope that due to its interdisciplinary nature, the conference will bring many interesting observations on and discussions about intolerance, discrimination and violence in the past and in the present-day world.
Our repertoire of suggested topics includes but is not restricted to:
- Intolerance and race
- Intolerance and religion
- Intolerance and nationalism
- Intolerance and gender
- Intolerance and age
- Intolerance at school
- Intolerance in family
- Tolerance towards intolerance
- Discrimination against elderly people
- Discrimination against children
- Gender-based discrimination
- Discrimination against people with disabilities
- Discrimination against the mentally ill
- Discrimination against the addicts
- Discrimination against the rich
- Discrimination against the poor
- Discrimination against animals
- Economic discrimination
- Genetic discrimination
- Discrimination based on sexual preferences
- Colorism (discrimination based on skin color)
- Sizeism (discrimination based on a person’s size)
- Reverse discrimination (affirmative action, positive discrimination)
III. Finding solutions
- Anti-discrimination law
- Anti-terrorist law
- Human rights organizations
- Humanitarian missions
- Democratic education
- Pro-tolerance campaigns
IV. Literature, film and the arts
- Literature and art about intolerance, discrimination and violence
- Artists engaged in fighting intolerance, discrimination and violence
- Artists as victims of discrimination
- Literature and art engaged in ideologies
Please submit abstracts (no longer than 300 words) of your proposed 20-minute presentations or together with a short biographical note, by 12 May 2021 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by REGISTRATION FORM
Notification of acceptance will be sent will be sent by 14 May 2021
As our online conference will be international, we will consider the different time zones of our Participants.
The conference language is English.
We offer a discount for our regular Participants.
In order to participate in the conference (as a speaker or an audience member) you need to pay a REGISTRATION FEE via bank transfer or PayPal:
PRESENTERS: EUR 30 or GBP 25 or USD 35 or PLN 100 - by 20 May 2021
AUDIENCE MEMBERS (LISTENERS): EUR 20 or USD 25 or PLN 80 - by 25 May 2021
THE FEE COVERS:
- LIVE access via an individual link to all conference sessions (without installing any additional applications)
- the conference programme in PDF
- certificate of attendance for Presenters and Audience Members (sent by email or/and by post)
- online community gathering
- easy access on any device (phone, tablet and computer) with the possibility to join or leave the conference at any time
Beneficiary name: InMind Support Beneficiary Address: Jelitkowski Dwor 4
Beneficiary Bank name: SANTANDER The SANTANDER Swift code is: WBKPPLPP
Beneficiary Bank account numbers (IBAN):
Payment in PLN: 95 1090 2590 0000 0001 4259 8763 Payment in EUR:
PL58 1090 2590 0000 0001 4259 8847 Payment in USD: via PayPal - please ask for a link
Payment in GBP: via PayPal - please ask for a link
In the description field, please quote your first and last name and a note "intolerance conference". All banking charges are to be covered by the Sender.
NOTE: PAYPAL PAYMENTS in USD, EUR, GBP - please ask for a link.
3 months before the conference and more - 50%
from 3 months to 1 month - 75%1 month
before the conference and less - 100%
Our email: email@example.com